Mustard Seeds Infused Warm Yams with Upland Cress
- 3 medium yams, peeled and cubed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch fresh upland cress
In a large saucepan, cook the yams for 8 to 10 minutes in salted boiling water just until tender. Drain and keep it warm.
In the saucepan heat the oil on medium heat and fry the mustard seeds and garlic, stirring continuously until very fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the yams, lemon juice and season it with salt, stir until well combined.
Serve it warm on a bed of upland cress.